Dedicated Norfolk Family Lawyers Protect Clients’ Interests
Respected Virginia firm represents spouses in divorce proceedings
With more than 300 years of history and approximately 250,000 residents, Norfolk has a great deal to offer families who are looking to live in the Hampton Roads area. In addition to its famous naval base, the city boasts numerous natural and man-made wonders, such as the Virginia Zoo, botanical garden and Chrysler Museum of Art. No matter what brought you here or what aspect of Norfolk you like best, there might come a time where you need the assistance of an exceptional Virginia family lawyer. Harding, Harding & Harding Attorneys at Law is here to provide the advice and advocacy you need to tackle domestic challenges such as divorces, custody disputes and adoptions. Whether you’re a lifelong resident or someone who’s stationed here temporarily, we are committed to helping you achieve the result you seek.
Thorough attorneys assist with custody, child support and adoption matters
Our firm delivers sound legal counsel to clients throughout the Hampton Roads region in all types of family law matters, including situations relating to:
- Divorce — Hiring the right divorce attorney could give you the best chance of achieving a result that allows you to start the next chapter of your life with confidence. We offer personalized representation in all types of marriage dissolution proceedings and strive to reach consensus through negotiation or mediation whenever possible.
- Child custody and visitation — Decisions on child custody and visitation are made based on what is in the child’s best interests. In matters of legal authority, residence and access, we look closely at the needs of our clients’ sons and daughters to develop a proper parenting time schedule.
- Property division — The end of a marriage requires spouses to divide the property they’ve accumulated since their marriage. After reviewing the marital estate, our attorneys will work to obtain a fair allocation of assets and debts under Virginia’s equitable distribution law.
- Child support — Whether you’re a paying or recipient parent, we can advocate on your behalf to see that accurate information is used during proceedings to set initial child support rates. Our firm also represents parents in modification and enforcement actions.
- Adoption — Deciding to bring a child into your home is an exciting moment, but no matter which type of placement you choose, there are several hurdles that must be cleared before you establish parental rights. You can rely on us to guide you through the various options, draft the necessary documents and prepare you for the process required by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
We understand the stress that a parenting dispute, the end of a marriage or some other domestic concern can cause. You can count on our attorneys to work diligently to reduce the time, expense and aggravation associated with the resolution of your case.
How we can help
Many people feel uncomfortable sharing personal details and turning to the legal system to resolve family matters. However, without the assistance of capable Virginia attorney, you might be misled into an arrangement that is harmful to you or children. We do handle appeals for clients when they have been prejudiced by an error of law, but often, there’s just one chance to secure the outcome you want and deserve. Like families themselves, no family law case is typical, and pinpointing how long a certain legal process might take can be complicated. No matter what your situation entails, our seasoned attorneys will assess your likelihood of achieving a successful resolution and how long that might take.
Contact an experienced Norfolk family law attorney for a free consultation
Harding, Harding & Harding Attorneys at Law in Norfolk represents Virginia residents in divorces and other family law matters. To schedule a free initial consultation today regarding your particular concerns, please call 757-499-2600 or contact us online. We also have offices in Virginia Beach and Chesapeake.