Chesapeake Family Lawyers Provide Comprehensive Counsel
Virginia firm represents parties in divorces and parenting disputes
Chesapeake is not only the second-most populous city in Virginia, but it has also been identified as one of the safest cities of its size in the country. Whether you want to go kayaking on Lake Drummond or ride a boat down the Intracoastal Waterway, there are numerous ways to enjoy the region’s natural beauty. These activities and cultural attractions, like the Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art, are natural destinations for families looking to spend time together. In some situations, however, relationships change and spouses realize that it is best to live apart. If you’re going through a divorce or are facing some other type of family law challenge, Harding, Harding & Harding Attorneys at Law can help. Regardless of how complex or contentious your circumstances might seem, we will press for an appropriate long-term solution.
Attorneys handle custody matters, property division and adoptions
Our firm delivers sound legal counsel to clients throughout the Hampton Roads region in all types of family law matters, including situations relating to:
- Divorce — Hiring the right Chesapeake divorce attorney could give you a better chance of achieving a result that allows you to confidently start the next chapter of your life. We offer personalized representation in all types of marriage dissolution proceedings and strive to reach consensus through negotiation or mediation whenever possible.
- Child custody and visitation — Decisions on child custody and visitation are made based on what is in the child’s best interests. In matters of legal authority, residence and access, we look closely at the needs of our clients’ sons and daughters to develop a proper parenting time schedule.
- Property division — Divorce requires spouses to divide the property they’ve accumulated since being wed. After reviewing the marital estate, our attorneys will work to obtain a fair, but not necessarily equal allocation of assets and debts under Virginia’s equitable distribution law.
- Child support — Whether you’re a paying or recipient parent, we can advocate on your behalf to see that accurate information is used during proceedings to set initial child support rates. Our firm also represents parents in modification and enforcement actions.
- Adoption — Deciding to bring a child into your home through adoption is an exciting moment, but no matter which type of placement you choose, there are several hurdles that must be cleared before you establish parental rights. You can rely on us to guide you through the various options, draft the necessary documents and prepare you for the process required by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
We understand the stress that the end of a marriage, a parenting dispute or some other domestic concern can cause. You can count on our attorneys to work diligently to reduce the time, expense and aggravation associated with the resolution of your case.
How we can help
Many people feel uncomfortable sharing personal details and turning to the legal system to resolve family matters. However, without the assistance of a capable Virginia attorney, you might be misled into an arrangement that is harmful to you or children. We do handle appeals for clients when they have been prejudiced by an error of law, but often, there’s just one chance to secure the outcome you want and deserve. Like families themselves, no family law case is typical, and pinpointing how long a certain legal process might take can be complicated. No matter what your situation entails, our seasoned attorneys will assess your likelihood of achieving a successful resolution and estimate long that might take.
Contact a dedicated Chesapeake attorney for a free consultation about your family law issue
Harding, Harding & Harding Attorneys at Law represents Virginia clients in a full range of family law matters. Please call 757-499-2600 or contact us online for free initial consultation. In addition to our Chesapeake office, we also have locations in Norfolk and Virginia Beach.